Great vacations begin with great employees!
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is one of the world's leading and revolutionary cruise lines. The company operates under the Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity and Azamara Club brands.
Currently the fleet has 31 ships in service visiting over 180 attractive destinations.
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting land-based team of employees. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Join our team as an Interactive Developer!
Provide a brief (3-4 sentence) description that describes the nature and level of work. The Position Summary should state why the job exists.
Celebrity Cruises.com is looking for an Interactive Developer to join our rapidly growing team.
Reporting to the Web Innovations Director you will be an open-minded problem solver with excellent attention to detail, a willingness to learn and a drive to create the best interactive experiences. Your portfolio should include a good range of flash animation and interactive design, and show off your vision as much as your technical ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
List the 8-10 key areas of responsibility in descending order, with the responsibility requiring the most amount of time first. Use specific action verbs such as "manages", "analyzes", "files", etc.
- Produce design mockups & clickable prototypes
- Learn how to navigate our backend code
- Concept and execute and/or work closely with the Creative and Art Directors to concept and develop Flash projects for Web sites, online rich media ad units, presentations and other animations.
- Transform static layouts and concepts from Art Directors' Photoshop files into dynamic final animations.
- Create comps and animations that outline in further detail campaign concepts.
- Explore creative a solution for technical challenges that may arise.
- Help create a seamless process and identify when process can be improved.
- Create re-usable code
- Candidate must be able to develop dynamic Flash applications with database connectivity and XML.
List the minimum level of education and experience required to perform the work at the entry level of the job.
- BA / BS Degree in Media Arts, Computer Science or related area and 7 years of experience in a job/project where you developed multiple web apps from scratch
- Experience developing css-driven html pages/Flash (landing pages, html "include" files, emails, microsites, etc.).
- 2 years web / interactive development experience.
- Experience integrating backend intensive structures into a Flash environment.
- Strong foundation in visual/interface design, motion graphics and UI design.
- Detailed and organized / Excellent communicator
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Knowledge and Skills:
List specific knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job related to the Essential Duties and Responsibilities identified above. Specific physical and/or cognitive requirements that are essential parts of the job (lifting, standing for extended periods of time, attention to detail, hearing, carrying, moving, pushing/pulling, climbing, etc.), should be described clearly and precisely.
- Posses a background that includes: Senior Flash Developer, Flash Designer, Actionscript and have worked within an agency environment or internal creative team.
- Object-oriented programming and design
- ActionScript 2.0/3.0
- A thorough understanding of OO programming (Classes & Objects) in ActionScript 2.0
- Flash 10 and its new features: 3-D transformation and animation capabilities, filters, file references, etc
- A practical understanding of loading and parsing XML into Flash
- Familiarity with using Event Listeners and Custom Events
- Animation (keyframed and programmatic)
- Experience with coding Flash to be used in conjunction with a Content Management System
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Krop: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., is looking for an Interactive Developer