Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
We are currently looking for a Slot Technician to join our team.
This position is responsible for installing, servicing, adjusting and repairing coin-operated slot machines, currency changers, video arcade games and currency and coin-handling equipment located in the shipboard Casino by performing the following duties and responsibilities. The position is also responsible for maintaining and repairing signage and the computerized gym equipment.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Adjust slot machines, video games, coin-handling, card shuffling and all other machines and equipment following manufacturer's specifications, using hand and power tools
- Fills machines with coins and tests electrical and coin-handling systems.
- Examines defective machines to determine causes of malfunctions.
- Collects coins and currency from change machines and makes settlements with cashier cage to balance assets and cash retrieved from the machines.
- Prepares written authorization for jackpot payouts and presents to Cashier and/or Casino Management based on established Casino Operations policies.
- Conducts daily inspections of the Arcade Machines and equipment.
- Maintains a constant presence throughout the Casino. Walks around the Casino to assist guests and provide general information. Extends courtesy and helpful gaming information to guests.
- Supervises staff to ensure speed and accuracy of cashiering services in accordance with the Celebrity Connections standards. Under time constraints or staff shortages, assists employees or performs cashiering duties.
- Maintains an awareness of the guests to provide security problems. Observes players and machine operation for improper use or possible security problems. Notifies management and/or security of suspicious behavior.
- Participates in the programming or repair of progressive gaming and other electronic displays including Roulette displays.
- Completes paperwork and/or reports on a per voyage, monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Formal training in the repair and troubleshooting of a variety of electrical, mechanical and/or electronic equipment
- Previous slot technician work experience in live casinos preferred.
- Proven customer service skills to interact appropriately with guests in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with guests, department heads and shipboard crewmembers to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Ability to count paper and coin currency quickly and accurately.
- Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to monetary units and compute slot machine percentages.
- Completion of high school or GED required; university degree preferred.
- Ability to participate in life-saving emergency drills and required training
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain relevant visas, when applicable
Follow all the links above or click this one on right via allcruisejobs.com to apply for this position as a slot technician with Celebrity Cruises.