Under the direction of the Youth Program Manager, the Youth Counselor is responsible for the safety, supervision and implementation of of all youth and teen activities as it relates to the Passenger Programs and Entertainment Department.
- As a member of the cruise staff, the youth/teen counselor is responsible to assist in implementing any of the scheduled social, entertainment or recreational activities, ensuring that each event takes place safely and promptly as scheduled.
- Youth/teen counselors are expected to enhance programs with current skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Each youth/teen counselor must have the ability to serve as an effective Host/Hostess. Each youth/teen counselor must have the ability to work as a team member in cooperation with other cruise staff members, as well as with all other shipboard departments.
- It is the responsibility of the youth/teen counselor to be accessible to and approachable with guests. He/She must be capable of being a patient listener while making guests feel at home.
- Youth/teen counselors are responsible for parent/guest interaction, offering information regarding youth and teen programs.
- Youth/teen counselors must be comfortable speaking and performing in front of large groups of children and families.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- 2 yrs experience recreation/education ages 2-17 required.
- Extrovert, quick and critical thinker, witty, personable, and articulate. Must be service oriented and have the ability to take direction.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Ideally within a sports or childcare sector.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mate
Permanent & Seasonal Available
Languages Required: Spanish, Italian, French, Russian
Follow all the instructions from the excerpt above from the allcruisejobs.com site, the languages required.