Monday, April 25, 2011
Sunday, April 24, 2011
o Worked in a luxury environment as Receptionist either land based or on a similar style ship
o Preferably done the above onboard a medium sized ship
o Used to dealing with complaint handling
o Used to dealing with special requests and used to achieving results
o Great at customer service and building positive relations with guests and colleagues
o Ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant working environment
o Computer literate – Word/excel/Fidelio/MXP/and similar
o Excellent communication skills.
o Good written and spoken English
o Positive and outgoing personality
o Salary - $2,000+ per month, flights too and from vessel.
o 5 on 2 off rotation – shared cabin
Only those matching the above mentioned criterias can be considered and will be replied to.
All others we invite to apply directly through our website - www.hospitality-solutions.org
Please send CV to email@example.com
Thursday, April 21, 2011
At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative fleet of twenty-two ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this could be a great opportunity to let your career set sail with us.
We are currently searching for a Casino Manager to join our team. More than 40,000 people have already selected Royal Caribbean International to be their employer and so should you!
- Directs all the casino operations and associated activities throughout the vessel by performing the duties described below either personally or through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Mentors, trains develops Casino team to strengthen their current performance, prepare for future advancement, and to ensure quality standards are met.
- Meets with function managers and/or staff to review guest comments to implement revisions and improvements.
- Reviews financial transactions and monitors budget. Reviews for final approval for gifts, prizes, product replacements, supplies, purchases, etc.
- Oversees all casino operations, presentations, activities and quality in all venues. Observes preparation to ensure quality standards are met. Oversees the care and maintenance of all equipment, props, supplies, etc. Oversees all special events conducted onboard the vessel requiring the casino staff.
- Maintains a high degree of "floor presence" to observe the casino games, slot machines, cash desk to minimize security and fraud issues. Monitors the casino staff to ensure procedures and services are performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International's Gold Anchor Standards.
- Establish and develop relationships with junket tour operators.
- Oversees the cash handling functions to ensure the counting and reconciliation processes are conducted according to established procedures.
- Confers with food, beverage, shore excursions, gift shops, etc. Provides input and feedback for the Cruise Compass newsletter.
- Ensures that high roller casino guests are identified and enrolled into Club Royale.
- Minimum two to five years progressive management experience as a Casino Manager with consistently high performance ratings in a large resort, cruise line, or hotel.
- Experience in the Asian market is desired (Singapore, China, Macao, Japan, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, etc.)
- Satisfactory completion of Gaming Board/Commission approved dealer school.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of a casino operation, including expense reduction through cost efficiencies and revenue growth through promotional and up-selling activities.
- Ability to manage headcount within area as it relates to and supports the business needs of the vessel.
- Ability to provide customer and personal service including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques.
- Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, or related programs.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
- The ability to speak English clearly is required.
- Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is highly preferred.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills.
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
hidden link - please login
So for all of your out there that are looking for this Casino Manager position on a cruise ship, click the links above, hidden one or via allcruisejobs.com
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
We are looking for an experienced Shop manager with previous ship experience for on board large cruise ship
Previous retail experience
Additional language required (good knowledge between Italian, Swedish)
Salary will be discussed at time of interview
Apply on line at hidden link - please login or send application (CV, certificates & references) to hidden link - please login
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
So yes great position click the hidden links above for this Shop Manager from allcruisejobs.com
Sunday, April 17, 2011
***PLEASE KINDLY APPLY TO THIS POSITION ON THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE TO BE CONSIDERED: ***
If you are interested in viewing other opportunities, please visit our company website:
At Royal Caribbean, we believe in helping our valuable members grow and build successful careers for life. Shipboard employees receive a wide range of benefits and learning opportunities, while working with a worldwide enterprise that is a leader in the cruise industry. If you are looking for an opportunity to expand your career and really make a difference, apply now to join our renowned shipboard staff!
Reports to: Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Following room attendants cleaning, inspects staterooms/suites for cleanliness, maintenance, presentation, collateral, mini-bar and general set up standards for daytime and evening turndown service.
Assigns duties and responsibilities to team members, while recognizing top performers and applies progressive disciplinary process for lowest performers.
Reports maintenance needs and follows up to ensure prompt completion and takes ownership for reacting to guest feedback and requests from assigned deck(s).
Provides training to all Stateroom Attendants, including classroom-style and on-the-job training, cleaning practices, procedures, equipment and materials.
Monitors compliance to all USPH cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout assigned areas consistently. Addresses issues and findings immediately, and ensures corrective action and re-training take place.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience in housekeeping of large 4 or 5 Star hotel or cruise ship with at least 500 rooms
- Demonstrated experience supervising team of at least 10 employees
- Minimum of one to two years of guest room cleaning experience in 4 or 5 Star hotel or cruise line equivalent
- Specific knowledge of principles for providing exceptional customer service including needs assessment, problem resolution, demonstrated strong attention to detail and achievement of quality service standards
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment
- Working knowledge of cleaning procedures and equipment, chemical handling, linen par levels, public health standards, computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages (e.g. MS Office) and office equipment
- Completion of high school or equivalent required
- Required to speak, read and write English clearly and distinctly
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, Mandarin, Italian or Portuguese preferred
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills.
Follow instructions in excerpt from above to apply for position.
For more on cruise jobs .......
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
For all those retail sales positions on cruise ships, or wanting to follow a cruise ship jobs career.....
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Job Title: Chief Electrician
Reports to: Staff Chief Engineer
Costa Crociere looks for Chief Electricians for its brand Iberocruceros.
He is responsible for the electrical and electronic control and monitoring systems regulating the electrical/mechanical system aboard our cruise ships. Manages a team of electricians and electronics personnel. Operates, maintains, repairs and troubleshoots electrical/mechanical systems and controls regulating medium voltage variable frequency drives and auxiliary machinery. Particularly, he will be in charge of:
Electrical open deck systems (davits el. System of lifeboats and tenders, mooring and anchor vinches, swimming pool el. System, sauna, solarium)
Electr. Ships’s common system (CCTV, Elevators (Schindler, Mc Gregor), fire alarm system (Autronica), Theatre el. System, Galley el. System (Rational ovens, friers, pulpers, dish washing machines, laundry el. Washer, el. Drier, el. Ironer devices), Vingcard el. System, UPS el. System with belonging batteries, converter DC/AC generator el. System; lighting system
No main engine area el. System (Bow and stern thrusters, refrigeration and cold room, steering gear, switchboard system)
Main engine area el. System. Controls regulating medium voltage variable frequency drives and auxiliary machinery required to power, propel and navigate the vessel, including: motorized valves, telelevels, engines, generator sets, connected controllers and switchgear, and navigation systems as well as the vessel facilities’ lighting, air, signal, communications, and video monitoring system.
He is familiar with low voltage system, switchboards and telephone sets.
He is required to follow company safety and pollution prevention policies and procedures and will request supervisory guidance when necessary.
He is familiar with the ISM Code and its requirements and with all duties under the Costa’s Safety Management System including Emergency Response Activities
We are looking for applicants possessing the following qualifications:
- fluency in English in both reading and writing;
- Certified as electrical / electronics Officer in charge of an engineering watch other than second engineer officer on ships powered by main propulsion power of 750 kw propulsion power or more (unlimited) (as to regulation III/1 of STCW 95 convention); always unlimited;
- A good knowledge of marine and automation systems automation systems (Valmarine automation system is a plus; ABB automation for vessels is appreciated) as well as the working of main engines and auxiliary machinery, electric and support system such as boilers, fuel centrifuges, air compressors, pumps, hydraulics, hotel systems, plumbing, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning;
- Good communicational skills also with other nationalities;
- Computer literate in Amos D or Infoship, Word / Excel and lotus notes e-mail;
- Flexibility, an analytic mindset, enthusiasm, stress resistant;
- Aged between 30 and 40
- Two to three years of similar experience on international cruise vessels or ro/ro ships;
- Previous experience as an electrician in shipyards or on board vessels is appreciated
- Valid SIRB and Passport
- Medically fit
- Courses: Basic safety training + Crowd and Crisis courses (code STCW V/3 par. 4,5,6,7,8), Proficiency in survival craft and rescue boat.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
- You are here:
- Home › Recruitment agents › United Kingdom › Empire Casino Recruitment & Consultancy
Empire Casino Recruitment & Consultancy
Empire Casino Recruitment has an excellent reputation among our candidates and they trust us to secure them quality roles
For all your Casino Recruitment Cruise ship jobs check it out above......
or for more on other casino recruitment for cruise jobs here
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Carnival is the world's largest cruise line with 22 floating resorts cruising to various ports in the Bahamas, Mexican Riviera, Caribbean, Europe, Alaska and Canada.
We are expanding our fleet and looking for professionals who are: guest service oriented, extremely friendly, reliable, and flexible, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills
Competitive salary & benefits, airline tickets, and medical insurance whilst under contract.
Guest Services/Receptionist Staff (Purser)
Group Co-ordinator, Hotel Admin,
Work in a fun environment, save money and travel the globe with the world's most popular cruise line cruise line!
Carnival Cruise Lines are looking for hospitality professionals with strong customer service skills to join their front line Guest Services team that provides fun and memorable guest experiences for their guests.
Applicants for the role of Receptionist (Purser)
- must be 21 years or older
- have Hotel front-desk work experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (additional languages are a plus)
- Intermediate computer skills
- must be service-minded, self motivated, have a positive attitude and be able to work in a fast paced, professional environment providing prompt and attentive services.
- additionally, they must be able to perform cash transactions and be willing to learn and handle new responsibilities.2011 interview dates to be confirmed.
So check out this cool position with Carnival Cruise Lines click the link above to apply (allcruisejobs) if you are interested in another position check out my cruise lines jobs links page.
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Important, Background Check for Cruise Jobs
Yes something quite important for the passengers of cruise ships to feel secure that cruise lines do background check for cruise jobs. Imagine that all passengers want to feel secure that the people going into their cabin are to be trusted.
Hiring Agents get Background Check for Cruise Jobs positions
Generally all the cruise lines use hiring agents or recruitment agents for non-US shipboard personnel in the candidates’ home country and get certified criminal history document from the country of origin.
US Embassy does Background Check for Cruise Jobs seamen’s visas
The US State Department also checks during the issuance of seamen’s visas to foreign nationals who sail into US ports. The US Embassy in the crewmember’s country of origin conducts background checks while issuing seaman’s visas. Furthermore the US Customs and Border Protection regularly check crews manifest every time a ship enters and leaves a US Port. They also do regular face-to-face checks every so many months to make sure the face fits the passport picture.
Subject to Background Check for Cruise Jobs
You just need to be aware should you be interested in cruise employment that you are subject to background check, physical fitness tests, drug testing and character reference checks.
For more on getting those Cruise Jobs, check out my page on cruise line jobs links for all the links for the different cruise lines and companies.
So make sure everything is hunky dory, so that you pass all the