The World, the first luxury oceangoing resort community has an immediate opening for a Crew Administration Officer (Crew & Payroll Purser). This position demands extremely high level customer service skills to support the international crew of The World in all areas relating to payroll, immigration and documentation.
The World offers our employees the best benefits in the industry: 4 months working onboard and 2 months for vacation contracts, which allow for a rewarding work and life balance. Fully paid transportation to and from the vessel, reimbursement on all pre-joining expenses including medical and visas, fully paid medical coverage, tuition reimbursement program, 5% matching retirement plan and more.
Position responsibilities include:
- Maintain the onboard payroll system & balancing payroll each month
- Ensure all crew details are entered in the onboard management system & all crew have the appropriate documentation including passports and visas
- Forecast funds required for sign off crew and cash payouts
- Process monthly wire transfers/home allotments for onboard personnel
- Conduct cash payouts for crew members
- Sign off and pay out of debarking crew members
- Produce and analyze monthly financial reports
- Maintain all on board personnel files, administer telephone and internet cards
- Clearance of crew; passports/airline tickets/landing cards
- Liase with port agent for visa requirements in upcoming ports
- Participate in budget preparation as required by Chief Accountant
- Coordinates all travel schedules and logistics for 265 crew members
The qualified candidate will have excellent administrative skills and be extremely detail oriented. This person must be flexible, patient and have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Hotel administrative and financial background.
- Previous ship's experience in Administration/Accounting, Chief Purser,
- Crew Administration Officer, First Purser, Night Auditor.
- Degree in Accounting preferred
- Candidate must be fluent in English with at least one other language
- Must excel in Microsoft Office programs and Fidelio
Well this is an amazing position on board The World, the first oceangoing resort community vessel, wow, as a previous crew member of a cruise ship, this is pretty awesome position to take up for me. For more please follow the link above via allcruisejobs.com
For more on other cruise line jobs links follow here.