***PLEASE KINDLY APPLY TO THIS POSITION ON THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE TO BE CONSIDERED***
If you are interested in viewing other opportunities, please visit our company website:
Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea. Join our team today as Shore Excursions Manager
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the operation of the shipboard Shore Excursion program.
- Must have a clear understanding of revenue and ratings goals for the department, and how to achieve them.
- Maintains an inventory of available tours on a cruise-by-cruise basis. Updates computer system accordingly.
- Supervises, coaches, and evaluates the Assistant Shore Excursion Manager and other staff members
- Prepares tour information sheet and drop-off forms.
- Provides and delivers tour talk to audience.
- Maintains tour sales budgeted figures.
- Maintains shipboard shore excursion video. Rewrites scripts when necessary. Works with Video Programmers/Broadcast Manager to shoot footage as needed.
- Manages the Shore Excursion desk including guest services regarding tour sales, refund issues, and general port and ship information.
- Generates revenue reports and Manager's information reports including notable events that happen during the cruise.
- Meets with Tour Operators in the ports. Reviews past and future progress.
- Inspects new excursions in ports, and monitors tours on a rotating basis in order to constantly review quality control.
- Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control.
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to his/her staff to strengthen their current performance and prepare for future advancement.
- Minimum of two years experience Managing a Shore Excursion program on a large passenger ship.
- Knowledge of ports and tours is required.
- Ability to hit sales targets. Sales background is beneficial.
- Excellent public speaking and public relations skills.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests and crew.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, Italian or German preferred.
- Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior customer service, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong planning, coaching, organizing, staffing, controlling, and evaluating skills.
- Intermediate computer software skills required.
- Possess a good understanding of numbering flow "Debits/Credits", adjusting entries and corrections.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills.
Because of the high volume of responses, only those who meet our qualifications will receive a response.
Cruise Ship Jobs get that Shore Excursions Manager position, to apply click on the links above.