Since 2006, Pullmantur Ship Management Ltd. (Pullmantur) is part of the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line group. From that time on, Azamara, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean International, Tui and Pullmantur have working together, but each brand has his own characteristics, procedures, routes, ships and goals that can be slightly different from each other. Our main office is in Madrid–Spain, and we also have offices in Brazil, France, Portugal and Mexico. We encourage you to investigate more about our brand in Pullmantur's web page.
Pullmantur is currently seeking Entertainers with Climbing Experience to join our team on board.
The selected candidate will be responsible for executing programmed quality day and night time activities to ensure the enjoyment of the guests, following the plan set by the Superior.
The person should be able to adapt and amend activities to suit all ages and types of passengers, have an artistic background and should be able to perform in that way (sketch, song, dance). Also, should be a clear speaker and be able to use a microphone.
This position requires availability to work on board during six months, and after that the candidate will be able to enjoy a minimum two months vacation before the next possible embarkation.
Potential candidates must have a minimum of three years experience in a similar position, working in hotels or other cruise ship company. Stage experience is also valuable.
We are looking for aspirants with a sparkling positive personality, organizational skills, people's ability and creating of pleasant working environment are key factors to success of animation team and final product they offer.
You can be the next person to join one of the amazing Pullmantur ships and take part into an international, professional and motivating team!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensures that all activities are conducted in a lively and professional manner.
- Rehearses with other members of the team whenever required to ensure coordination.
- Maintains continual interaction with the guests. Hosts and participates in adult, and family recreational programs and activities.
- Socializes with guests in public areas at all times. Converse with as many guests as possible in the time allotted.
- Assist in the shows where required for props and curtains and in acting in any sketch/playback as required.
- Assists all Excursion dispatch, pax embarkation (check in) on rotation.
- Participates in greeting and directing guests on and off the gangways when the ship has arrived in the ports of call.
- Operates spotlight equipment for production shows according to instructions as needed, when stage staff are required to perform duties backstage. Attends mandatory rehearsals as required.
- Assists in the coordination of audio or visual equipment for events as needed.
- Promote all entertainment activities, including night (tropical party, disco, etc) and daily activities (dance classes, social games, art craft, etc).
- Ability to read, write and speak in Spanish and English clearly and distinctly. French and Portuguese are also desirable.
- Ability to accommodate to a six months on / two months off contract schedule for this onboard position.
- Ability to adjust to, and to work in a multi national environment.
- A valid passport (minimum 1 year counting from the embarkation date).
- A valid Standards of Training, Certification & Watchkeeping (STCW-95) certificate.
- Ability to obtain the required visa, depending on the embarkation port.
- Pass Pullmantur pre-employment medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Have a Seaman’s book (desirable).
- Ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
Great for someone with all the valid requirements, follow the link above via allcruisejobs.com to apply for this position.