- Assist with promotion, sales and service of the Shore Excursion Program, Airport Transfer Sales and Private Cars.
- Deliver guest service in accordance with established Cunard standards
- Carry out general office administration including, forms and formats within the department, e.g. booking tours, providing guest information, guests letters, filing etc.
- Dispatch tours as required and assign and brief escorts from other departments. Preparing the paperwork for the escorts a minimum of 48 hours prior to arrival in each port of call. Ensuring the correct number of stickers per tour, are arranged the day prior to arrival in port. On the day of arrival, set up the theatre for passengers to check-in for dispatch. Assign coaches to guests and provide information by microphone to facilitate disembarkation.
- Escort tours whenever possible. On World Cruises and longer voyages this may include extended overland escorts from a period of two to seven days where tour staff is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the smooth running of the tour including assisting passengers at the airport and hotel check-ins. Overland tour itineraries are prepared by the tour staff, which are issued to guests with baggage labels at an informal briefing for passengers prior to the tour.
- Assist with general disembarkation including the preparation of dispatch sheets, assigning guests to specific buses and providing passengers with all necessary documents.
- Liasing with Tour Manager regarding preparation of overland tours, disembarkation and transfers.
- Adhere to the ship’s rules and regulations as described in the Hotel SOP and the Tour Department SOP.
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email system.Public speaking skills.
- Inter-department communication skills.
- Be flexible, have the ability to remain calm and able to adapt to changes at short notice. Must be a team player.
- Have communication and customer service skills.
- Worldwide travel and tour experience.
- Ability to deal with complaints in a calm & rational manner.
- Must be able to prioritise and work under pressure and within strict time limits.
- Experience in sales and global tours desired.
For this great position see the required skills above. get to do something you love and travel with the job as well.
For other Cruise Line Jobs Links see here.