With at least 2 years previous experience in retail and customer service in a hospitality related environment, you will have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and colleagues, set and accomplish goals in a team atmosphere, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Strong PC Skills using Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook or equivalent mail client application.
Fluent English-language speaking skills + Swedish, Japanese, Cantonese or Finnish
Minimum age 21 years
Excellent previous employment references
Contract duration: 6 months
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Manages the ships Human Resources division with emphasis on core functions such as: employee relations, training and development and conflict resolution.
Assist the Crew Purser’s office with crew sign on and off upon request.
Provides assistance and support to department heads when dealing with HR issues.
Assesses current and future training and development needs for the shipboard team. Delivers a variety of professional quality orientation, training and development programs while evaluating the effectiveness of training conducted by managers and supervisors.
The HR Manager is obliged to inform shore side management of matters where there is a perceived conflict with shipboard management or between crewmembers.
- Compiles letter of references as wished by crewmember
- Contact point for whichever crew issues arise with an “open door policy”; persons of trust for all crew members and officers; conflict/grievance mediation and resolution
- Partner’s with Ships management to foster an open and non-discriminatory environment that is harassment free
- Work closely with department heads to ensure consistency and fairness through their management of policies, processes, transfers, promotions, performance, progressive discipline, safety, security and environmental, etc., of all ships employees. Provides coaching guidance and continuous feedback to the ships management on same
- Monitors and assesses Crew morale, provides feedback to management and develops strategies to enhance overall employee satisfaction
- Attends all Master’s hearings and acts as an objective advisor of this forum with the crewmembers interest in mind. Ensures copy if all documentation is submitted to sea chefs Cruises Ltd. in Cyprus for filing and record keeping purposes
- Participates and ensure that all investigations, including sexual harassment, assault and crime are carried out consistently and fairly and that all relevant documentation to support allegations in these investigations are obtained and pertinent procedures are followed
- Participates on department meetings of deck & engine crew
- Weekly one to one jour fix with the captain
- Takes part and engages shipboard Crew Welfare Committee meetings. Co-manages distribution of all pertinent information for all employee benefits, compensation and HR policies including, but not limited to: medical coverage, cruising privileges, vacation, sick leave, nutrition (Crew mess), life on board, uniforms, cultural events, sign-on/sign-off processes, privilege charts, leave of absence (Compassionate leave), retirement, recognition service awards program and other company/morale building programs
- Coordinates with shipboard and shore side leadership in the development distribution and execution of the ship’s training schedule. As needed, customizes training curriculum and methods to improve effectiveness
- Conducts and organizes train-the-trainer sessions with external trainers, shipboard managers and supervisors in an effort to ensure the effective transfer of job-specific knowledge and skill to crew members, and to assist managers and supervisors in maintaining operational standards
- Develops, executes and delivers the New Hire Orientation program for all new shipboard crewmembers, following the company guidelines
- Develops, executes and delivers specialized trainings as; multicultural life on board, ethical guidelines etc.
- Monitors employee training records and communicates training requirements to department heads. Assesses trainees to measure their learning progress and to provide feedback on the effectiveness of training program design and execution. Conducts follow [up end reinforcement with management for all training activities to ensure performance consistency and skill transfer in an effort to maximize business and result for TUI Cruises
- Attends meeting, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required
- All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with: USPG / HACCP, ISM & ISO, SQM and TUI Cruises service standards, safety policies and environmental regulations
Qualification / Job experience
- Good knowledge of the hotel department onboard cruise vessels in general as well as very good knowledge of administration matters
- Job experience or Training in Human Resources department
- Ships experience necessary
- Business fluent in written + spoken German and English; another language would be welcome.
- Very good IT knowledge, especially in MS Office
- Very good educational background
- Management skills, authority, flexibility and organising ability
- Poise, very good manners
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to motivate employees
- Very well groomed appearance
Great position for the right person to travel and see the world as a HR Manager German Speaking doing the amazing cruise ship jobs. For this position click the allcruisejobs link above.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Our Client requires a mature, team minded and responsible individual with a with leisure industry knowledge. You must be a keen and strong swimmer. NPLQ is desirable but not essential. You will have a commitment to promoting a safe and enjoyable environment and work closly with the cruise director to promote and supervise pool games and activities.
Duties include observing the wet areas of the ship,testing equipment,tidying and cleaning where necessary.
Accomadation (shared cabin) provided as are all meals flights and health insurance. Salary is $300 per week Tax Free.
UK employment legislation does not extend outside the UK.
Applicants must be 21 and hold a valid passport
Check out this cruise ship jobs great click the links above to get to the allcruisejobs site.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Want to build a fantastic career with one of the world's largest onboard Photo Concessionaire? Want more than just a job? We are looking for ambitious, motivated photographers to work for IMAGE. IMAGE employs more than 500 staff members to work onboard over 48 ships located in multiple locations around the world. We operate on eight lines including industry recognized leaders such as Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Norwegian, and Cunard.
We hire Junior Photographers and we TRAIN you to become Business Managers. The experience gained while working with IMAGE will provide you with enough knowledge, experience, and savings, to open your own business or studio once you have committed to working for IMAGE.
Successful candidates will be flown to Miami for a full week of training which is provided by IMAGE at no expense to the staff.
All IMAGE staff must:
- Have 2 or more years of photography experience
- Live and work onboard a cruise ship for 6-8 months
- Pass a full medical exam
- Meet the requirements of our pre-employment testing and interviewing
- Purchase a personal Nikon SLR camera body at cost from IMAGE once onboard
- No visible tattoos
- To work on a Cruise ship you have to over 21 years of age.
For all those photographers out there looking for a great experience working doing a cruise job this is for you.
Monday, March 21, 2011
We are searching for a French Speaking Diver for a 6* Luxury Cruise Ship who will be involved daily with French and English speaking guests, helping them learn to dive and showing them the delights of the French Polynesian Islands.
Suitable candidates will hold a minimum of a BEES 1 Certificate.
A boat license is advantageous and previous ship experience is preferred.
Contracts are for 6 months, joining ASAP
All candidates must be aged 21 years or over.
If you are interested in this position, and meet the above requirements, please email your Resume and photo to hidden link - please login
Get this great diving position especially if you speak French, great cruise ship jobs to have....
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
We are looking for a 1st Officer for a luxury Cruise company. This position is starting ASAP.
Candidates must have the following:
- Experience in Single watchkeeping
- ECDIS cerification
- All relevant certificates for a 1st officer or Chief Officer position
- Preferably experinace within the cruise industry
- 4 months on, 2 months off
- Salary paid in Euros starting from €4700.00 per month
- Single cabin
Check this out if you are after that 1st Officer position apply above for doing cruise ship jobs or for more aaaaother cruise line jobs links click here.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Our client is looking for Creative and highly motivated individuals with plenty of drive and ambition to work within one of their salons aboard a cruise ship.
Ideally you will have experience as a stylist and be accomplished at colouring and styling.
The successful candidates will have their flights paid, accommodation provided as well as enjoying free health insurance and tax free earnings of up to $2300 including tips per month.
Extra duties including lifeboat drills and passenger embarkation duties may be required.
This position is for a 6 month renewable contract.
You must be over 21 to apply
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Cia: Norwegian Cruise Line - Brazilian candidates only.
- Responsible for assisting in achieving the departmental guest satisfaction targets and the food and beverage revenues determined by the Company for the restaurant organization.
- Takes reservations according to company policies and controls.
- Greets and assigns seating to guests based on company guidelines and proper rotation of waiter stations.
- Manages the seating of guests using a manual chart or the restaurant table management system.
- Initiates and maintains wait lists and their accuracy as per guidelines and procedures.
- Ascertains satisfaction with service and food when guests leave the restaurants.
- Gives instructions to the escort teams in the main restaurants.
- Answers telephones and takes special requests and instructions from guests regarding preferences, special occasions and or dietary requirements.
- Complies with all company policies, rules and regulations.
- Follows and is compliant with all Public Health rules and regulations.
- Follows instructions from the manager in charge of the assigned restaurant to ensure timeliness of service to guests.
- Ensures that his/her podium or reservation desk is properly set-up for each meal
- period and for the expected levels of business.
- Ensures that his/her podium and or reservation area is properly organized and restocked at the end of each meal period and or shift.
- Follows schedules, work assignments and executes the side jobs that are determined by management.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of 2 months working experience as a Restaurant Steward within the restaurant organization in NCL and or a minimum of 3 to 6 months working experience as a restaurant host on a shore side establishment.
- Track record in achieving positive guest comments and service scores.
- Knowledge of food and beverage products and terminology.
- Experience with computerized reservation and/or table management systems is preferred.
- Secondary Education degree or equivalent is mandatory.
- Courses and or training in safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures are required.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
In order to join our team and begin your new career with us, you must be:
- 21 years of age or older.
- Conversant in English.
- Able to obtain a valid passport and United States C1/D visas.
- Able to work a 7-day, 70-hour week with limited time-off during your contract.
- Flexible with your work schedule, job duties and job locations.
- Willing to share a cabin.
- Guest focused.
- Appreciative of diversity among Guests and Crew.
- Eager to work in a high-volume, fast-paced Guest service environment
Please send you resume: hidden link - please login
Seamanwork Ship Jobs Training & Travel
Endereço : Estrada Francisco da Cruz Nunes 5.428 / 216
Piratininga - Niterói - Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
Telefone : 21 2619 - 3984 / 21 2718 - 5109
Email: hidden link - please login
Loads of positions on cruise line jobs for Brazilian candidates, so all you Brazilians out there follow the link above for more positions if this is not the one for you. Or for more cruise line jobs links follow this link.